The third edition of Concise International and European IP Law. TRIPS, Paris Convention, European Enforcement and Transfer of Technology is an incomparable practical resource for practitioners, providing comprehensive coverage of rules, practice, and procedure of intellectual property law.
The editors, Thomas Cottier and Pierre Veron, supported by an author team of 26, bring their considerable expertise and experience to the third edition to produce article by article commentary and analysis on the instruments of intellectual property law. The rules of intellectual property law can be complex but the third edition of Concise International and European IP Law. TRIPS, Paris Convention, European Enforcement and Transfer of Technology brings clarity with a straightforward explanation of the principles of law to be drawn from each provision, supported by analysis of the latest relevant case law. Produced in an easy to use format, the book sets out and annotates the provisions of the TRIPS Agreement — backbone of international property protection — followed by text with commentary on the Paris Convention and the key instruments in European Union Law.
Practitioners can confidentially rely on Concise International and European IP Law. TRIPS, Paris Convention, European Enforcement and Transfer of Technology to provide the answers they need. The third edition provides detailed coverage of the following areas:
- rules on procedural rights and obligations both for civil and administrative procedures;
- standards on registration of rights;
- jurisprudence of panels and the Appellate Body of the WTO;
- standards of protection concerning right of priority, independence of rights, and other key issues;
- which court has jurisdiction in respect of litigation on various matters;
- recognition and enforcement of judgements in civil and commercial matters throughout the EU;
- customs action against goods suspected of infringement;
- initiation of proceedings against an infringer;
- application of art. 101(3) of the TFEU (formerly art. 81(3) of the Treaty) to technology transfer agreements;
- block exemption regulations;
- measures, procedures, and remedies aiding the gathering and preservation of evidence of infringement;
- initiating prompt proceedings to put an end to an infringement;
- entitlement of right-holders to full compensation for prejudice suffered;
- uniform conflict-of-law rules relating to non-contractual obligations.
Concise International and European IP Law. TRIPS, Paris Convention, European Enforcement and Transfer of Technology is an easy to use resource that provides a rapid understanding of all provisions of European Intellectual Property Law.